Before setting up, make sure you have a standalone Discord client (not in browser) and have enabled activity status in Discord settings:
- Choose the name for the application, it will be displayed after "Playing" in the status; hit Create.
- Copy the Application ID and paste it in Custom RP field ID, then press Connect. If done correctly, your status in Discord should now say "Playing [name of the app]".
- Note: If you have a custom status set (the one with emoji), it will be prioritized over your CustomRP one. It will be seen in the profile popup though.
- On your application's page, navigate to Rich Presence -> Art Assets and upload at least one image under Rich Presence Assets if you want to use them. In CustomRP, there is a handy Upload Assets button in File menu (you can also use Ctrl+U) that will take you there if your ID field is set up properly.
- Alternatively, you can just insert a direct link to the image into the Key field.
- Note: While you can name your asset with any name up to 999 symbols, the API will only accept names with 256 symbols max.
- Navigate to Visualizer page to set up fields State, Details, Large Image Key, Large Image Text, Small Image Key, Small Image Text, Party Size, Party Max. All of those are optional.
- After you've found the setup that pleases you, copy the values into CustomRP's corresponding fields.
- Tip: You can hover over almost any control in the app (including labels line Details) and it'll give you a tooltip!
- If you want to set up buttons as well, fill in both Text and URL fields.
- Note: When you will click on the buttons in your own presence, they will not work, but don't worry, they will work for everyone else. It's a problem on Discord's side.
- Hit Update Presence (or Connect if you aren't already connected).
- Congratulations, you're wonderful!
If you have more than one Discord client and you wish your presence to show up on a different account from the one app chose automatically, please press Disconnect, then hold Ctrl+Shift keys on your keyboard and press Connect. A window with a number input will pop up, put a number 1, close the window, and press Connect again, without Ctrl+Shift. In case it's a wrong account again, try number 0, then 2 and so on up until 9.
Please note that if you have multiple Discord clients run on startup, pipe number assigned to each client might not be persistent from boot to boot and can change depending on which client started first. To prevent that, you can either start additional clients manually, or use Windows Task Scheduler to delay the startup of the clients.
If you have 2 accounts that you use at the same time and want for each of them to have a different presence, then follow these steps:
- Set up your main account first with the instructions above.
Start Second Instance.bator create a shortcut to CustomRP.exe with an argument
- Set up the program the same way you did your main instance.
- Tip: If you already have a preset you would want to use with your second instance, you can edit the bat file or the shortcut to include the path to the preset. Example:
CustomRP.exe -2 "C:\Some Folder\preset.crp"(quotation marks around the path are necessary if the path has spaces in it).
- Before connecting, change the pipe as described earlier and connect.
If you use 3 or more accounts at the same time, then... why? But also if enough of you will nag me, I'll add support for using more instances.
- If you don't want to set up small or large image, leave all related fields in the program blank.
- If large image is not set, small image settings will be ignored.